Business Developer - Luxury
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest StartUps’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across the UK, New York, and Paris.
As the Business Development - Luxury, you will be working on designing and rolling out our commercial strategy to engage with and retain luxury brands and companies that are looking for space to make their ideas happen. You will build and leverage a network of luxury brands and companies and you will ultimately become a retail expert, able to sell a strategy and vision, rather than just available space.
- Design and lead the roll-out of a comprehensive business development strategy across the luxury industry
- You will partner closely with our FR GM to lead our business development function and strategy. You will originate and manage strategic relationships, ultimately aimed at increasing revenue growth and our customer base;
- You will extend your current network of luxury companies and decision makers, and nurture these relationships for their long-term success
- You will source, negotiate and execute business deals to match luxury brands with the perfect space for them. You will not just learn about brand, but also about cities, neighbourhoods and where it would be best for them to appear
- You will manage your pipeline of leads, prioritise them, engage them and retain them to strategically grow the potential of your funnel
WHY WE LIKE YOU
- You make things happen. You find pitching and closing deals exciting.
- You have excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure by having an autonomous approach.
- You understand retail and trends in our industry: we’re not just selling space, we’re selling the future of retail and how everyone should be part of it.
- You’re a problem solver - you like to “figure it out” and you are not scared of testing out the unknown.
- You can manage multiple projects and partners at the same time by prioritising effectively.
- You can work well with other functions and external partners.
- At least 2-3 years in business development, enterprise sales, account management roles, preferably in high-growth startups.
- You already have a significant experience in the luxury industry.
- You are passionate about retail and inspired by independent brands making waves in Paris.
- You are a self starter and have experience in a startup culture - you like to get stuff done and thrive in ambiguity.
WHY YOU LIKE US
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
- WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community. Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation. Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.