Brands Account Manager, Paris (London Based)
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 120,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
As a Brand Account Manager for Paris, your role it to help brands find appropriate space on the platform to launch their ideas. Working with both small independent retailers looking to get their ideas off the ground and multi-nationals that want to run amazing campaigns. You will develop an in-depth knowledge of the French spaces on our platform, and be responsible for a sales pipeline of hundreds of brands at any one time. You will make large volumes of inbound and outbound correspondences per day (80 - 100+) so you should be high energy, comfortable picking up the telephone and have a passion for retail. Please note, this role is based in our London office but you will be working on deals for the French market. You must be a native French speaker with perfect written and spoken French, and business level English.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing brands through phone calls, emails and some in-person visits to help them find the right space on our platform for their idea
- Respond to inbound enquiries from prospective brands in France, taking them through the Appear Here process
- Work with the Landlord team (remotely, they are based in the Paris office) to build your knowledge of the available spaces and to inform their space acquisition efforts
- Chip in and support on other projects or tasks that come up in the business -we're a startup and there's a lot to do!
- Find ways to improve our processes, bring your ideas to the table, and then execute on them! It's everyone's responsibility to figure out how to optimize everything!
- Research the brands' marketing and commercial strategies and creatively find ways to promote the use of short term retail space
The Commercial Team is responsible for all aspects of helping brands find the right space for a successful short term rental on the AH platform. You will be working with a high energy, outgoing group who genuinely enjoys the work they do. Our backgrounds are varied, from asset management, and retail to tech-startups. Now we plan to build a billion dollar global property-tech revolution! We'll be listening to music and often stay late or work the odd weekend to hustle and get shit done. The team works hard because we love what we do and the brands we work with and we want you to as well.
WHY WE LIKE YOU
- You are a native French speaker with perfect written and spoken French. Native Parisian is a distinct advantage. This role will be based alongside our UK Brand Account Managers in our Lodon office
- You're passionate about brands, have a solid understanding of retail, and an opinion on which brands are hot, and where they would fit in Paris
- You have experience in - or natural aptitude for - sales and get excited by punching for aggressive targets
- You're a great communicator who is comfortable speaking across telephone and email
- You have a natural flair for building rapport with people from all backgrounds
- You're scared by the 9-5; you want the adventure and hard work of coming in at the early stages and helping us build the future
WHY YOU LIKE US
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Friday lunch. Once a week our company comes together for a team lunch.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.
If you’re ready to shape the future of retail and join a fast growing, young, dynamic business as it scales internationally then we’d love to hear from you!