Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords and biggest names in retail. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries; so far 180,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
At Appear Here we adopt a data-driven approach to all major strategic and operational decisions. This could be which international market we enter next, how we optimise an existing operational workflow, or the business case for launching a new product.
We’re currently looking for a Strategy Manager with the mission to drive growth and operational efficiencies across the business as we scale.
We want a commercially savvy and passionate individual that thinks like an entrepreneur and enjoys a mix of strategic planning and hands-on execution. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this person will have responsibility for driving the day-to-day execution of a broad range of strategic projects.
As a Strategy Manager, the role will involve:
- Working closely with the CSO across a broad range of strategic, operational and corporate development initiatives
- Driving forward ‘Future of Retail’ strategic projects, from the initial planning to execution
- Assisting the General Managers for each of our markets (London, Paris and New York) to embed an analytical rigour into the decision-making process within each marketplace
- Analysing complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide actionable insights
- Own and master our datasets, tools and dashboards and assist in the creation of internal, investor and Board materials
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting / investment banking
- Highly analytical with excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communicator with ability to prepare and deliver great presentations
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to think clearly under pressure
- Ability to combine 'big picture' thinking with detailed analysis
- You're a natural problem solver that uses data to analyse a situation to find actionable insights
- You'll have strong business acumen with an understanding of both financial and non-financial KPIs and have experience of designing and producing KPI report
- You can not only conduct detailed analysis, but are also able to clearly articulate your findings in both written and verbal presentations
Nice to haves:
- Prior exposure to working or indirectly consulting for technology companies / startups
- Prior knowledge of retail and/or real estate
- Knowledge of using tools such as Looker or SQL
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.