Space Hunter - Los Angeles
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 150,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to be the founding member of our Landlord team in LA. As a Space Hunter, you are dedicated to unlocking the city – that means finding spaces for the thousands of great ideas coming through our platform. You’ll be searching for, meeting, and leading landlords through the on-boarding process and getting them set up to trade on the platform. You'll be figuring out the pain points in the system and working tirelessly within a fast moving team to streamline these processes. You'll be thrown into the LA Property industry and quickly be seen as an innovator and thought leader.
- Generate a healthy pipeline and convince target landlords to join the Appear Here platform
- Identify opportunities to scale every aspect of our current operations
- Identify opportunities to open new sources of supply
- Get the Appear Here name and brand established in LA amongst the retail industry
- Identify and improve shortcomings in our product with the wider team
WHY WE LIKE YOU
- You’ll have at least 2 years of outbound sales experience in a target-driven environment
- You're not afraid to pick up the phone and make friends, and close deals
- You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter who is smart, intuitive, focused on hitting targets and passionate about getting the deal done
- You're fierce and are always looking for "one more"
- You think of solutions before they become problems and are always one step ahead
- You are very organised and detailed - nothing gets by you!
- You love to learn on the job and approach your work with a lot of enthusiasm
- You’re a bit different: guts, drive and varied experience are more important than a degree or specific industry knowledge
- You're passionate about Los Angeles as a city, and making it better
WHY YOU LIKE US
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.