Head of Sales
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies.’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York.
We're building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 100,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us. Both brands and landlords use the platform for a variety of reason, but the bottom line is, brands want the right space to share their ideas and landlords want the right ideas to fill their spaces.
For many of those looking launch their idea, particularly start-ups and small businesses, renting the space is one of the biggest costs. We need to guide them through the booking process, helping them choose just the right place for their idea and make their experience of ‘setting up shop’. We've got sky-high ambitions and are looking for an exceptional Head of Sales to drive the London - and possibly European as we expand - commercial team forwards.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Motivate and drive a high performing sales team to hit ambitious, ever growing, targets. Initial scope to be the London team, but could expand to include other European cities over the next 12 months
- Manage your own pipeline of VIP customers and high value deals, and hit personal monthly revenue targets
- Drive focus areas and strategy for the sales team
- Ongoing hiring requirement to grow the team, plus day to day management, sales training and mentoring
- Contribute to our culture of continuous improvement by constantly reviewing performance, being reactive to and driving change
- Assist the management team with insight, some analytics and decision-making
- Be the link between sales team, finance and the management team
- Relevant experience managing and growing a high performing sales team of at least 5 is essential
- Experience working in a VC backed startup required. Marketplace startup experience would be advantageous but not essential
- You want to close deals - leading from the front and being the best in the room. You're a sales person first & foremost and will be keen to have and hit your own targets
- You're a high energy leader and natural motivator who can build and drive a high energy sales culture
- Experience hiring, managing teams, and making tough decisions
- You're highly orgnaised and can take constructive feedback
- We are looking for a commercially driven self-starter who is smart, intuitive and focused on hitting targets. You’re motivated by the thrill of the chase, and you keep going until a deal is done
- Decent analytics and understanding of figures
- Interest or experience in retail would be a big advantage
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Team lunch every Friday
- Speakers and events - we host regular internal and external events with industry leaders, for the team and our community
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.
If you’re ready to shape the future of retail and join a fast growing, young, dynamic business as it scales internationally then we’d love to hear from you!