Frontend Software Engineer
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’, Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 100,000+ brands and thousands of landlords agree with us.
The way people rent retail space hasn't changed for the past 100 years, but the way brands and consumers want to interact with space has. One of our biggest challenges is changing the deeply ingrained behaviour of the long-standing property industry, and making the transition to booking space online as simple and beautiful as possible. Our product and technology teams are at the heart of this. As part of the Frontend Team, you'll bridge the gap between design and the backend. You'll be building the best experiences for our brands, landlords and concierge team. You'll champion the user, and push us towards creating "wow" experiences. You'll be happy driving us towards the right solutions and be unafraid of real data proving you wrong.
- Help solve business critical problems through technology
- Champion the user at every turn, ensuring we create the best possible experience
- Build and iterate upon our core applications and other cool projects, such as our website, Space for Ideas competition, and Appear Here's open-source style guide
- Create progressive, cross-platform experiences
- Be a part of a self organising, results oriented agile team using Kanban to ship new product
- Contributing to a mobile first delivery approach
WHY WE LIKE YOU
- Experience building single page applications, ideally with ReactJS
- Appreciate good design, or, even better, have been involved with interface or interaction design, or user experience projects
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing
WHY YOU LIKE US
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
Exposure to big brands from every sector of retail
Free team lunch every Friday
Breakfast and snacks
World class team and monthly team socials
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!