Food & Beverage - Portfolio Manager
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 200,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
One segment of this massive opportunity is with food and beverage brands. We’ve launched thousands of brands in restaurant, bar, and cafe spaces across the country. From the most ethical pub in the world to reviving a Michelin star brand, from giving diners free meals in exchange for a 10 minute workout, to helping Imad, a Syrian chef, make his dream of running a restaurant a reality again after losing everything to the war — we are on a mission to make these amazing ideas happen.
On that basis, we’re now looking for a Food & Beverage (F&B) Portfolio Manager to lead and develop relationships with Landlords of F&B spaces. Alongside defining the growth strategy of our portfolio of F&B spaces, this candidate will personally grow and directly manage key relationships with Landlords, generating value for them and removing friction from the entire booking process. The ideal candidate would have a strong passion for F&B brands, significant experience working with F&B businesses, and have an existing network to tap into.
We’re growing quickly and things move fast, so this is a great opportunity to get involved in shaping the future of the business — and bringing about real change in an industry that’s going through huge shifts. You’ll be a self-starter, excited by the challenge and ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
What you will be doing
- Own the overall F&B supply strategy in our core UK market, and work closely with the General Manager to develop a blueprint that can be rolled out to new locations and markets.
- Own relationships with key UK F&B Landlords to sign new accounts and expand existing ones to deliver revenue growth and portfolio penetration
- Lead through example, by rolling up your sleeves and aggressively closing deals to deliver commercial results.
- Own the optimisation of the entire F&B portfolio management process in order to drive contribution to the greater business.
Why we like you
- You have strong experience working with F&B Brands and/or Landlords to launch new ventures and locations.
- You have an existing network of relevant relationships and experience in business development.
- You are a self-starter who is competitive, commercially-minded, highly structured, and entrepreneurial in approach.
- You are a people-person, with excellent communication skills, who readily builds effective relationships at all levels.
- You have the ambition, drive, energy, and work ethic to succeed in a start-up environment.
- You are passionate about brands - this sits at the heart of everything we do.
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Team lunch every Friday
- Speakers and events - we host regular internal and external events with industry leaders, for the team and our community
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.