Junior Landlord Partner - London
What we're up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $25m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 185,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional junior candidate to join our Landlord team. As a Junior Landlord Partner, you will support the team dedicated to finding spaces for the wide variety of ideas coming through our platform as well as providing useful insights through data and analytics. You’ll be talking landlords through the on-boarding process and getting them set up to trade on the platform. Although we’re small in size, we’re big in personality - come armed with ideas and an ambition to succeed and you’ll fit right in.
What you'll be doing
- Proactively source vacant property leads by hitting the streets and using creative ways to discover empty spaces online
- Research ownership information and creatively find ways to track down landlord contact details
- Respond to inbound enquiries from prospective landlords in the UK, talking them through the Appear Here process
- Support & Analytics
- Work with the space curation team on getting spaces live as quickly as possible
- Day to day support for the team including client service, meeting preparations, and internal data management
- Provide basic analytical support to the team including preparing reports
- Always looking for ways to improve our processes and regularly bring your ideas to the table
Why we like you
- You are just starting out in your career but you have a lot of varied experiences that you can bring to the table
- You have a strong academic background
- You are highly organised and have a basic understanding of analytics, data and excel
- You have a genuine interest in property and you 'get' retail
- You are an entrepreneurial self-starter who is smart, intuitive, and passionate about helping others
- You are an amazing communicator, both on the phone and via email - precise, persuasive and helpful
- You think of solutions before they become problems and are always one step ahead
- You love to learn on the job and approach your work with a lot of enthusiasm
Why you like us
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Friday lunch. Once a week our company comes together for a team lunch.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.
If you’re ready to shape the future of retail and join a fast growing, young, dynamic business as it scales internationally then we’d love to hear from you!