Launcher - Europe
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 200,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
We're expanding across Europe and the US and this is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to own space acquisition in new European cities, starting with Amsterdam and Berlin. As a Launch Team Space Hunter, you'll be dedicated to unlocking the city – that means finding spaces for the thousands of great ideas coming through our platform and selling the dream of Appear Here to new markets. You’ll be searching for, meeting, and leading landlords through the on-boarding process and getting them set up to trade on the platform. You'll be thinking on your feet, figuring out the pain points of new cities, and working tirelessly within a fast moving team to get new cities operational in a short space if time.
- Build a pipeline of target landlords in Amsterdam and Berlin and convince them to join the Appear Here platform
- Build relationships with landlords in your focus cities - onboarding them to the product, getting their listings live, being an ongoing point of contact through the launch phase of the city, and helping trouble-shoot any issues
- Be the face of Appear Here in new target markets, building a network of landlords and brands and pitching the Appear Here mission wherever you go
- Identify opportunities to scale every aspect of our current operations and open new sources of supply
- Identify and improve shortcomings in our product with the wider team
- This role will be focused on Amsterdam and Berlin to begin with but opportunities to work on additional cities may develop
- Professional level German and English required, other languages (Dutch, French, Italian) may be advantageous
- You're a natural people person - charming, charismatic, not afraid to pick up the phone to make friends and close deals
- You're a self-starter who is motivated by hitting targets and passionate about getting the deal done
- You have at least 2 years of outbound sales experience in a target-driven environment. Marketplace sales would be a big advantage
- You're very organised and detail focused with high personal standards
- You're a natural problem solver who's energised by challenges
- You love to learn on the job and approach your work with a lot of enthusiasm
- You're confident but low ego and ready to roll your sleeves up to get stuck in
- You’re a bit different: guts, drive and varied experience are more important than a degree or specific industry knowledge
- Passion for retail, brands, real estate & making cities better would be a big advantage
- You have good written and spoken German and English (required)
- Written and spoken Dutch would be advantageous, but not essential
- Travel - this role will require regular travel in Europe (Amsterdam, Berlin, London and most likely Paris and Milan)
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Travel across Europe and the opportunity to build an incredible network of international landlords and brands
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
If you’re ready to play a key role shaping the future of retail, and join a fast growing, dynamic business as it scales internationally then we’d love to hear from you!