Markets Manager - London (PT Contract)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to be the face and manager of our craft and food markets around London. The role suits someone with a keen eye for detail, good communication skills, understanding of the basics of H&S and previous experience of working with a diverse and lengthy range of stakeholders. It's currently a part-time opportunity, but there may be the option to develop into a full time role in the next 2-3 months.
Ideally you've run your own street stall yourself so you know what's involved with market operations. It's vital you are able to contribute with ideas on how we can continue to improve our markets and be a great ambassador for our brands.
Time and Locations:
1. White City Place - Every Wednesday and Thursday (8am - 5.30pm)
2. St. Pauls, One New Change Shopping Centre - Every Friday (7.30 am - 11am)
3. Occasionally there will be weekend work ars we do ad-hoc events and markets
This is a part time role with a maximum of 25 hours per week. It is likely it will become a full time role in the next 2-3 months.
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies.’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York.
- This role is quite physical, it's essential that you are fit and able to do regular carrying and lifting to get the stalls set up and down
- Responsibility for the day to day operational management of Craft and Food Markets
- Working with site teams to ensure all recommended health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Queue management and customer engagement – being the voice and face of the market on the ground.
- Communicating with a wide range of traders across email, phone and face-to-face.
- Focusing on the customer experience and trader experience at our markets and developing ways to enhance this.
- Promoting new ideas and ways of thinking and operating across the markets.
- Responsible for Layout plans and trader locations, this includes notifying trades of their stalls via email the day prior to trading.
- Removing vinyl and distributing boards to new traders
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WITH:
- A clear and detailed understanding of health and safety issues.
- Knowledge of electricity, gas and food service operations.
- Strong people management skills, working with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the best outcome for the markets and its traders.
- Proactive / self-starter is able to focus and operate in a free-style work environment.
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to customers and traders and developing long-term relationships.
- An interest and understanding of the market industry and wider food/craft scene of London.
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- Great opportunity to build a network of brands and market operators across London and gain experience in an exciting growing industry
- Work with a high-performing team at a high growth startup in central London - we are growing at a rapid pace in the UK, Paris and New York and there are lots of opportunities to work and grow with us
- Part time opportunity that could go long term or perm. All permanent roles come with stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner