Office Support - London HQ
Recognised by Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest tech start-ups, Appear Here is the leading marketplace to rent short-term space. Hailed a "digital game changer for the high street" by The Guardian, Appear Here is the simplest way to list and rent flexible retail space online. Our mission is to build a global network of spaces, so people can rent space in cities across the world and take their ideas to destinations near and far.
Headquartered in Clerkenwell, London, and with international offices in Paris and New York, Appear Here is set to expand globally. We are looking for an energetic and highly organised office assistant with a natural flair for hosting. With an existing UK team of 60, we’re expanding quickly and looking for someone who can support the team as it grows, while providing exceptional front of house service. The office is split over 2 floors in Clerkenwell, you'll be manning the front desk as the face of the company, as well as running everything behind the scenes. Your job is to set the tone and vibe of the office - ensuring all guests and the team have a great experience, and have everything they need.
- Manage the office and assist the team. You’ll be excited by the challenge of running a harmonious office and creating a productive, fun space to work.
- Meet and greet all visitors to the London office – from board members to investors and interview candidates, you’ll be the face of Appear Here, ensuring that everyone is delighted by their visit.
- Ordering and managing food, drinks, and general office equipment, including stationary and cleaning products. Arranging a full team lunch once a week, team events monthly, supporting marketing events and arranging off-sites and outings. A keen eye for detail and love of organisation is essential, along with the ability to manage a budget and think creatively.
- A start-up approach and can do attitude is crucial. This is not a regular 9-5 business; expect early mornings (you’ll need to be in at 8am to open up the office and set the vibe for the day), some late nights, and additional ad hoc hours as required. This role is also the first point of contact for the building landlord and the primary key holder
- No job too small, you'll need to have a creative approach to problem solving and be prepared to role your sleeves up in every scenario - from unloading the dishwasher to the daily post run.
- Natural host/ hostess & great vibes! You set the tone for the whole office
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding organisation and communication skills
- Can- do attitude and creative problem solver
- Caring, diplomatic and efficient
- Low ego - you'll be a service minded self-starter with bags of energy
- Not easily stressed, have a fresh and positive outlook on life
- Love of interiors and food would be beneficial
- 1-2 years support role experience as an office manager, receptionist, administration, events or junior PA level preferred
- Start up company/media or production/ design agency background would be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding company at a really exciting time. You will need to be confident, unflappable, organised and a real team player.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter including answers to the following questions:
- Why Appear Here?
- Give an example of when you made something happen/made a difference
- Stock options
- Great offices near Farringdon
- Apple equipment
- Working with a well-funded, talented and friendly team
It’s a great time to join us so if this sounds like the role for you, please apply here!