General Manager - Los Angeles
What we're up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 110,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
As General Manager - L.A., you will be one of the founding members on the ground. You’re a passionate self-starter, who will roll up your sleeves to impact how the property industry operates today. You will build and oversee the L.A. team and remain a key player for all things operations, including business development, landlord partnerships, marketing and sales. You thrive on hitting ambitious KPIs and dedicated to achieving top-line growth. You understand the importance of a strong team, surrounding yourself with dynamic, entrepreneurial, passionate people. You and your team will be dedicated to changing the face of retail both locally and globally.
What you'll be doing
- Run an entrepreneurial team by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives, at both the local and global level
- Work with HQ to guide and operationalize key strategic decisions for your region
- Define, model, and demonstrate the way we roll at Appear Here
- Manage the P&L and budget for your regional business and work directly with the Global Head of Finance on reporting and financial planning topics
- Create operational efficiencies across all your departments
- Develop strategic partnerships in L.A. alongside the Landlord team
- Manage the daily and longterm needs of the business
- Get your hands dirty and jumping into projects across all your departments to support when needed
Why we like you
- You are entrepreneurial to the core with a proven track record in owning and executing ambitious projects, start to finish
- You are a local, knowledgeable about where is up and coming and where is been and gone
- You thrive in a start-up environment –you move fast and can change direction with the snap of your fingers
- You are a relationship builder in the city – a true connector that can walk into a room alone and walk out with a handful of new friends and contacts
- You are strategically minded and comfortable making quick decisions without all the answers
- You are a proven leader with documented success in leading exceptional teams
- Your daily approach is always solution-focused
- You have a good sense of the real-estate industry in L.A.
Why you like us
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.