Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 100,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
We’re looking for an experienced designer that can polish, perfect, and build on an existing design language within a growing team that puts design at the heart of everything we do. You are pixel-perfect, a problem solver, and you obsess over crafting interfaces that are easy to use and great to look at.
Help us make ideas happen
Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’re extremely proud to make software that has helped a creative community of over 100,000 people launch their first ventures or test their ideas around the world.
In the future, we will be the de-facto global marketplace for retail space. We’re looking for someone who wants to make real impact in their community and help entrepreneurs find the perfect space to launch their ideas.
Your work will help make your city a more interesting place to be in.
Looking for a challenge?
Appear Here is a complex two-sided marketplace with a unique set of challenges. You’ll design the tools that creatives need in order to find, launch, and promote their spaces. For many, this will be their first ever venture. On the other hand, you’ll be designing tools that help property owners manage their growing portfolios in a market that’s lacking such tools. This enables more flexibility and makes short-term lettings possible.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll work with the product and engineering teams to redesign and create new tools which push Appear Here to the next level
- You’ll work with our CEO to make sure every interaction is perfect
- You’ll make everyone around you better with an inclusive and open design process
Who you are
- You are comfortable in an office environment
- You are experienced in creating visual user interfaces
- You know that one size does not fit all and take responsive design seriously
- You have worked with engineers, product managers and senior management
- You can work with and extend our existing brand guidelines and design systems
We would love it if
- You enjoy sketching, wire-framing and creating interactive prototypes to test your ideas
- You are passionate about UX methodologies
- You know how to write HTML & CSS
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Team lunch every Friday
- Your choice of equipment
- Our offices are relaxed, sociable, and dog friendly
- Opportunities for personal learning and career growth
- Share Options