Brand Marketing Manager - London
What we’re up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. Named one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest StartUps’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies of 2014,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across the UK, France, and Paris.
As a Community Manager, you will work closely with the local UK team and the global marketing team to execute the marketing, events and PR strategy for London. You are passionate about social media and creating content that is interesting and worth sharing. You get PR and will be responsible for writing blogs and creating other written and visual content by connecting with innovative brands who have an interesting story to tell. You’ll grow our community by organising the coolest and most sought after events to happen in London.
What you’ll be doing
- Create and manage written, social, photographic and video content in coordination with the global marketing team to drive brand awareness and support the local commercial teams
- Own local case studies and stay current on local trends to ensure our team is informed and equipped to share the Appear Here perspectives on the future of retail
- Connect with the ‘movers and shakers’ in the London community and organise inspiring and innovative events
- Build and maintain partnerships with both mega-brands and exciting independents
- Assist with localisation of marketing assets for online and offline marketing campaigns
- Be the go-to contact for all press inquiries in the UK
Why we like you
- You have 1- 2 years of experience of working in a similar role
- You have ideally spent a substantial time in London and know the difference between the "up and coming" and "been and gone"
- You love the power of social media and understand what it takes to engage with people on and offline
- You are incredibly detailed and motivated by creating exceptional and unexpected experiences
- You are passionate about retail and inspired by independent brands making waves in London
- You are an excellent writer and know how to communicate a message in the right way and the right time
- You are a self starter and have experience in a startup culture - you never take the back seat
Why you like us
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
Free team lunch every Friday. Plus breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including a great cheeseboard).
Monthly team socials at some of London's best new venues.
Be in the know. Hear about the best new ideas, before anyone else does.