Brand Account Manager - London
What we are up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 120,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
As a Brand Account Manager, your role it to help brands find appropriate space on the platform to launch their ideas. Working with both small independent retailers looking to get their ideas off the ground and multi-nationals that want to run amazing campaigns. You will develop an in-depth knowledge of the spaces on our platform, and be responsible for a sales pipeline of hundreds of brands at any one time. You will make large volumes of inbound and outbound correspondences per day (80 - 100+) so you should be high energy, comfortable picking up the telephone and have a passion for retail.
In this role, you will:
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing brands through phone calls, emails and some in-person visits to help them find the right space on our platform for their idea
- Respond to inbound enquiries from prospective brands in the UK, taking them through the Appear Here process
- Work with the Landlord team to build your knowledge of the available spaces and to inform their space acquisition efforts
- Chip in and support on other projects or tasks that come up in the business -we're a startup and there's a lot to do!
- Find ways to improve our processes, bring your ideas to the table, and then execute on them! It's everyone's responsibility to figure out how to optimize everything!
- Research the brands' marketing and commercial strategies and creatively find ways to promote the use of short term retail space
The Commercial Team is responsible for all aspects of helping brands find the right space for a successful short term rental on the AH platform. You will be working with a high energy, outgoing group who genuinely enjoys the work they do. Our backgrounds are varied, from asset management, and retail to tech-startups. Now we plan to build a billion dollar global property-tech revolution! We'll be listening to music and often stay late or work the odd weekend to hustle and get shit done. The team works hard because we love what we do and the brands we work with and we want you to as well.
Why we like you:
- You're passionate about brands, have a solid understanding of retail, and an opinion on which brands are hot, and where they would fit in London
- You have experience in - or natural aptitude for - sales and get excited by punching for aggressive targets
- You're a great communicator who is comfortable speaking across telephone and email
- You have a natural flair for building rapport with people from all backgrounds
- You're scared by the 9-5; you want the adventure and hard work of coming in at the early stages and helping us build the future
Why you like us
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
Please include a CV and answer the question below in your application.
Exposure to big brands from every sector of retail
Free team lunch every Friday
Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including a great cheeseboard)
Diet Coke on tap
World class team and monthly team socials