Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. From the guy with just an idea to the established brands like Chanel, Nike, Spotify and Netflix, we are here to make their idea happen by connecting them to the best spaces globally and providing a seamless experience to match their different needs and aspirations.
We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the biggest in the retail and property industry, such as Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’, Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 200,000+ brands and thousands of landlords joined our mission.
As a part of our Product team, you will be a key part of revolutionising our platform and bringing new features to life. You’ll be building an amazing user experience for brands and landlords globally. As well as creating a seamless backend platform for our Concierge Team and Landlord Partners.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—new destinations, technologies, and services. It’s a great time to join and be part of our increasingly diverse team that focus on finding creative solutions and, ultimately, empowering our global community. Come join us!
- Using data to build solutions to business critical problems
- Participating in interesting projects such as:
- Building new tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Intelligent CRM so that everyone gets the best service possible
- There were a bunch of other exciting projects here that had to be deleted because we haven’t announced them yet. Needless to say, they’re going to be epic and game changing.
- Advocate for an analytic and data driven perspective across the company by providing ad hoc analytics and experimentation support
- Find creative solutions to big problems, setting up the future of data science at Appear Here
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has:
- 2+ years experience building data science and algorithmic solutions in a product environment
- Strong skills in Python or R (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with machine learning packages like pandas, sci-kit learn and visualisation tools like ggplot2 or matplotlib
- Strong Knowledge of SQL
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
- Experience collaborating with technical and nontechnical stakeholders
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Economic theory and market dynamics
- Marketing and attribution analytics
- Forecasting/Time Series Analysis
- Looker/Tableau experience
- Ruby, AWS, Docker
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
- Stock options: we believe everyone should be an owner.
- Pension plan
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory
- Regular team socials: from blindfolded martini making to sound baths...
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard)
- Team Friday lunches with food from our favourite local restaurants
- Work with different teams, across different projects
- Best idea wins: whether you’re an intern or the CTO – if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London (in our opinion). In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.