Freelance Copywriter - New York - Space Listings
Recognised by Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest tech start-ups, Appear Here is the leading marketplace to rent short-term space. Hailed a "digital game changer for the high street" by The Guardian, Appear Here is the simplest way to list and rent flexible retail space online. Our mission is to build a global network of spaces, so people can rent space in cities across the world and take their ideas to destinations near and far.
Since launching in 2013, Appear Here has listed thousands of spaces across the UK, Paris and New York, and has over 80,000+ brands and retailers using the site. A diverse mix of big names and upcoming brands have all found space for their ideas with Appear Here including Microsoft, Diageo, Google, and the BBC to Nike and Kanye West.
We’re growing fast, adding new spaces every day, and are looking for freelance writers in the US to write high quality copy for our space listings, in a fast turn-around time. Each and every listing needs to be built with the same enthusiasm and attention to detail as the last. This is a great opportunity for a quick-witted wordsmith to get involved, producing high quality copy for every space.
As a passionate writer, you will make sure that our brand voice remains fresh and innovative, that exceptional copy is delivered to tight deadlines and you have a firm understanding of what we're about and what our brands are looking for.
- Good knowledge of New York.
- Maintaining a high standard of written American English in space listings, with 100% spelling and grammar accuracy.
- Ensuring that content is thoughtful, informative, consistent throughout the site and delivered to tight deadlines (usually within 24 hours).
- Understanding of SEO would be helpful.
- Experience is not essential, we're always happy to work with new talent. But we'll need to see an example of your past work, or example of how you'd write for our site, in your application.
Become part of our global community.
Become an expert on New York and beyond.
Flat fee per space, paid monthly, or by project.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.
To apply for this role: please ensure you include an example of a piece of work that you think represents our tone of voice. We are looking for someone who can bring a fresh and exciting approach.
What we're looking for:
Some of the content brands we admire include Monocle, Cereal magazine and Time Out.
You can see some of our favourite examples of space copy here for guidance: