Business Developer - Landlord Partnerships
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords and biggest names in retail. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 160,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join our Landlord team. As a Landlord Partner, you are dedicated to unlocking the city – that means finding spaces for the thousands of great ideas coming through our platform. You’ll be searching for, meeting, and leading landlords through the on-boarding process and getting them set up to trade on the platform. You'll be figuring out the pain points in the system and working tirelessly within a fast moving team to streamline these processes. You'll be thrown into the French Property industry and quickly be seen as an innovator and thought leader.
- The role requires a lot of hats. You will be Business Development, Sales and Account Management all rolled in to one package.
- Discovering the city and who owns the streets of Paris is key - you'll be out and about pitching the business in person and on the phone.
- Generate and manage a pipeline of prospective Landlords to sign up to Appear Here.
- Identify opportunities to open new sources of supply - talk to everyone, attend every event, whatever it takes to get more space!
- As a key member of the team, you'll also identify opportunities to scale our current operations. We don't settle, and neither will you - learning, feedback and new ideas are essential contributions from every member of the business.
WHY WE LIKE YOU
- 2 years+ of outbound sales experience in property / real-estate or retail industry.
- You're not afraid to pick up the phone, make friends, and close deals.
- You will be target-focused, entrepreneurial and excited to get the deal done.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in both English and French.
- Sales background and contract negotiation skills beneficial.
- Organised, driven, tenacious, with the ability to work alone as well as within the team.
- High energy, ambition and a strong work ethic.
WHY YOU LIKE US
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.