Portfolio Manager - Shopping Centres
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York.
We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 100,000+ brands and 1,000s of landlords agree with us. The majority of major landlords in the UK have signed up exclusively to use Appear Here as a flexible retail specialist. We've launched hundreds of brands in shopping centres across the country, from first time bookings to big names and one-off experiences – like MADE’s first interactive store, Empirical Jazz playing live in the Victoria Quarter, and Dove’s mannequin challenge. We also launched two award -winning projects – LinkStreet at Bullring and Up Market at Westfield - winning at both the Opal and Property awards. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the industry, combining our list of 80,000 brands with industry expertise from an exceptional Key Account Manager to make 2017 even more impactful.
We’re now looking for a Landlord Partnerships Manager to lead the relationships with our Shopping Centre Partners. Alongside defining the growth strategy of our shopping centre portfolio, the candidate will directly manage key relationships with major landlords, generating value for them from the platform. The ideal candidate will have significant experience within shopping centre management and an existing personal network.
We’re growing quickly and things move fast, so this is great opportunity to get involved in shaping the future of the business – and bringing about real change in an industry that’s going through huge shifts. You’ll be a self-starter, excited by the challenge and ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Ownership of overall shopping centre Supply strategy in our core market, and working closely with the GM on developing a blueprint that can be rolled out to new markets
- Own relationships with major UK shopping centre landlords – aggressively closing deals on new accounts and expanding existing ones to increase portfolio penetration and revenue generated
- Own the optimization of the entire shopping centre portfolio management process in order to drive contribution to the greater business
- 5+ years experience of shopping centre management within the UK
- Existing network of relationships and experience dealing with senior industry leaders
- Proven track record of strategically building and expanding relationships with major corporate clients
- Excellent communication skills – a people person, quickly able to build relationships at all levels
- Competitive, and highly numerate, candidates should be commercially minded and entrepreneurial in approach
- High energy, ambition and a strong work ethic. Willingness to take on the varied challenges and demands of a start-up environment is essential, as is an inexhaustible drive, and determination to succeed
- Passionate about disrupting the industry and being at the forefront of a new model
- Genuine passion for retail and brands is key – it’s at the heart of everything we do
- Able to talk knowledgeably about Appear Here and the wider property industry, representing our brand and mission on panels and at events
- Thought leaders preferred to deal makers
- Stock options and competitive package
- Huge opportunity to come in at an early stage in a company that’s driving real change in a massive industry
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
- Stock Options
- Big role at a very early stage - this company and you with it can grow exponentially