What we are up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York.
We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far many leading brands and landlords agree with us. The majority of major landlords in the UK have signed up exclusively to use Appear Here as a flexible retail specialist.
As Junior Accountant you will play a critical role in the financial performance of a fast growing start-up. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of a finance and work closely with the financial controller, head of finance and wider team to own and improve the processes that are the foundation of the business. An aptitude for numbers, diligence, excellent communication and a can-do attitude are a must in this exciting, fast paced environment.
What you'll be doing
- Raising sales invoices, reconciling payments received from brands renting spaces, ensuring deposits are returned and landlords are paid on a timely basis
- Day-to-day finance support for international offices in Paris and New York
- Processing supplier payments and staff expenses
- Working closely with our accountants to ensure the timely and accurate production of our monthly management accounts.
- Assisting with various financial planning and analysis projects including understanding causes of variance to Budget and building business cases
- Implement process improvements to our financial systems - we are a friendly team and new ideas are always welcome; you will be encouraged to find new and better ways of doing things (especially if they make all our lives easier).
Why we like you
- 1-3 years experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Quick learner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and impeccable manners
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and managing multiple tasks at once
- Working in a startup environment
- Retail and online marketplace sectors
- Working in a finance department
- Using Xero or similar accounting software
- Stock options
- Exposure to big brands from every sector of retail
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day
- Diet Coke on tap
- World class team and monthly team socials